Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Would the real Phil Prendergast please stand up

I had some trouble setting up the blog starting with opening up a gmail account with my name, it was already taken. I wondered had someone (like my son) set up an account for me without me knowing, at that stage it did not occur to me that there might be another Phil Prendergast. The further along the setting up the blog road I went I realised I did have a namesake Phil Prendergast blogging away in the states.

Ah so that explained why I couldn't register philprendergast.blogspot.com or phil.prendergast as my gmail account. Coincidentially Phil (not me) is a pastor in the New Hope Church Community in Ontario, Canada, being a pastor is a vocation like my own field of nursing.

This week has been busy for me, the mayorality ensures I have always something to do, places to be. Today I opened an exhibition at the Bridge Centre, at the Cashel Road Clonmel. The exhibition focused on disabilities organised by the South Tipperary Disability Forum and the main objective was to highlight awareness about the services available to people with disabilities in the South Tipp area.

As I write this I am supposed to be doing a leaflet drop in Carrick on Suir, however a busy afternoon of meetings has prevented me from this which is a bit of a relief considering the nasty rain outside where you wouldn't put a fox out of a hen house.

No comments: